Thursday, March 22, 2012

ATL decision...

On a last minute flight back home to Miami from Ft. Lauderdale. Obviously since I'm on this flight things didn't work out in Atlanta, coach gave me 20 roughly 25 minutes to play in this "next" opportunity. I came in and immediately tried to get into the attack, I felt I did as much as I could in the 25 minutes honestly. I got into the attack about 4-6 times twice whipping in some crosses, another time putting a through ball onto the striker going at goal, and a few runs at goal I made where the ball was played too long, or I didn't get played at but was making the run. Defensively I only had one, one on one on the edge of the 18 with arguably our opponents best player, I shielded the ball well as he tried beating me, and with composure outta the back I cleared the ball. That was just about the game. Coach spoke with post game and told me….


Right now physically your close, but not there yet and I feel like you didn't make enough of an impact on the game. I also don't notice a change of speed like a second gear like a pinging pass, and a quick movement. Regardless your a good player, and we went through about 3-4 left backs before you, and you were the closest to being signed. Unfortunately we just don't feel your quite there yet, we have you number though and can call you so keep training.


I defended my argument and case, but he turned it down and said to take this as advice and not criticism and to keep working. So I thanked him, shook his hand and was on my way. The guys that I was living with were bothered and felt I should've signed. I don't know if there opinions are biased since they got to know me as a person, but thats just the way it worked out this time around. The game of soccer is unjust, but so is life. You simply gotta make the most of your opportunities when they are presented, I didn't I guess. The whole time here though I prayed for Gods will to be done in my life, I begged God please do your will. If this is it, I take it with my head held high and continue to see what direction God wants to push in me next. For now I get to back and see my family and friends and REST (not for long though). I haven't seen my family since Xmas, and my older brother/best friend since October!

So like I said for now I'll be able to relax, and rest and enjoy my family, friends, and dogs! But after a little bit of resting it's back to the grind. I'm chasing a dream, no dream comes easy. I dream of playing in the first league in Australia and living there, that's a dream for me. You must understand in chasing a dream, especially one like soccer the odds are so against you making it, so against you achieving any form what so ever of success!! But with hard work, dedication, and it being Gods will I know I will succeed and come out on top. In this there will be many highs and lows but it's all worth it for when you do make it and you become a constant in the professional ranks. It's a grind, and that's what I'm gonna do get on my grind after I rest a bit. Count on it, I'm 21 years old I still have my season in the MISL with the Wichita Wings to look forward too, but I'm chasing a bigger picture, a bigger vision, and to attain it I must put in the necessary work required. This will be a tough task for me living in Miami as we all know my struggles there with distractions, but I believe I have a strong core of supporters mixed of my friends who'll hold me accountable, my family, and good friends. God is good, let Him take control of your life. Sow into the kingdom, and reap the fruits of your labor from Heaven. Should be landing soon, love you guys, the readers, followers, for all your messages, calls, texts, prayers, everything. Just another bump in the road!!


God Bless

2 comments:

  1. Keep pushing Danny! Make sure you keep learning and growing as a player.. keep working harder than anyone else you know! Practice by yourself on your weaknesses and make your strengths even stronger.. it works for me!

    I hope things turn out good for you, and please don't get caught up in the bad shit.. you know better bro, and you got people counting on you to go that one step higher in soccer.. do it for them

    good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick man, great to hear from you brotha. How're things on your end? I'm gonna be updating this blog soon again, hopefully with some good exciting news. God bless you man, keep working hard we chasing dreams!

    ReplyDelete