Thursday, November 26, 2009

Desportivo...Out.

Unfortunately all the excitement that was of the second leg of the semi final, was sucked right out, as the game came to an end...We had lost the first game 1-0 (away), but according the rules of this championship if we were to win 3-2 or 2-1 etc, we would pass for having a better campaign this year...So the game began on an error of the defensive midfielder losing the ball and they came up on somewhat of a breakaway and our goalie came out hesitating, and got the ball flicked right over him by their attacker. 1-0 were losing early, we missed no lie about 4 attempts in front of goal, they were easy to put away, but I must give credit to the opposing goalkeeper he was easily the player of the game making remarkable saves left and right while being the smallest player on the field, ya don't see very often if ever...So as we neared the half we got in a goal. My memory is kind of fading from the game, but we scored and were fired up, less than 10 minutes later, boom another goal, as the ref blows the whistle for the half, the loyal Desportivo Brasil supporters could feel us advancing.

Unfortunately the second half was a different story, we conceived a goal pretty early on the half, and instead of staying composed we got desperate, and started playing wild, we began to look like chickens with their heads cut off....this led to our opponents scoring again and to seal the victory with a 3-2 win, and sending us home. Although it's a nice feat to make the finals, I don't know about most people but you don't celebrate a semi final win, with dog piling your coach, pouring water on him, and screaming chants...seemed like they never had been there before oh well best of luck to them...

As for the future of my stay here...I was pretty certain it would become a weak and not so intense training enviorment luckily, we have Rodrigo the trainer for Miami FC out here, and he talked with the directors, and got us training on the ball, doing fitness, and in the gym 2-3 a day. And although it's only a small group of us we train hard, and want to leave here with our heads held high, at least I do. I want to leave here prepared, and a much better and hard working soccer player. I'm pretty sure I'm leaving here in the next two weeks or so, and I'm as excited as ever just to be back in that Miami vibe, with my family and friends. I plan to train with my former academy team, train at local parks with former teammates, and definitely hit the gym hard, while still eating healthy of course...Well most of you are enjoying your turkey dinners, I'm chilling in my room as usual. Happy thanksgiving, always give thanks to God everyday, I know I do for I've been blessed with a don to play soccer. What a blessing it is. May God bless each of you each day more and more....I'll leave you guys with a scripture from the bible.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment