Sunday, July 31, 2011

Gods Perfect Timing.

Gods perfect timing I've really begun to truly understand this concept. I know God his plan, but sometimes we get impatient with Him and think we can do it in our strength. Or maybe we begin to think God your taking too long, so I'm gonna go ahead and do this my own way. When you do this you risk missing out and your true blessing from God! God loves me so much, I know this and the best part is He listens when I talk!

So my trip to Wichita was a little crazy I had to go from Jacksonville, to Chicago have a 3 hour layover then fly into Wichita. Before leaving Chicago on the plane thee most craziest thing happened or at least I witnessed it! This old man 3 rows ahead of me starts gasping for air and yelling apparently he was having a stroke. The flight attendant is trained for these situations, she yells to the passengers to help put the man on the ground, the passengers comply and one is a nurse begins to do CPR. They shout he has no pulse, the paramedics are on the way but there is no time to wait, they continue giving CPR for about 5 minutes maybe more and still no pulse they shocked him, and he came back to life literally! It was crazy he was in shock, and was going crazy and yelling random slurs of words. The paramedics finally arrived and later announced that he indeed did have a stroke and that the ladies who helped him had saved his life. It was crazy to me while they were giving CPR I prayed to God to bring him back to life please, and no less than when I finished he began to breathe. God listens!!! I love it, I'm in love with God like a child is with Toys R Us haha.


Anyways that was scary, but eventually we took off and I arrived here in Wichita, Kansas for my trial. Small town but boyyyy it gets hot up here. I spoke with a few people and they said the weather get easily into the 100s in the summer, and that it gets ice cold in the winters with a ton of snow! Anyways I came up here to trial for the Wichita Wings it's a two day trial. Basically all the ones who do well on Saturday get invited back to Sunday. And from there they choose 5-8 players to be invited to training camp and from there they sign about 4 players approx. So before heading to trial this weekend, I had prayed to God to please give me grace and favor this weekend over the coaches, and of course that His perfect will may be done over me! So the next morning I had arranged with the team and hotel for a shuttle to pick me up Saturday morning to take me to the arena, unfortunately they weren't able to and I had to call a cab last minute. The cab arrives quickly we begin talking and I notice he has an I love Jesus sticker, I ask him if he's a Christian, and he is. God is everywhere, and when you begin to seek him you begin to see how he puts people in your life. From there I go to the tryout and excel above the competition at least most of it. I get recognition from the coaches, and they ask me about where I've played before etc. I obviously don't have a ride to the hotel, but get this the GM offers to take me to the hotel and reimburse me for the taxi cost if I make the final cut, AND the head coach offers to pick me up the next morning to take me to training, and finally they offer to take me to the airport as well. I'm the only one who got this type of treatment, if that is not the grace, and blessing of God, and Him giving me favor to the coaches above all the players then I don't know what is!

So Saturday was obviously great, Sunday morning I woke up at 6AM to be able to get some prayer time, shower, get ready, and grab breakfast, turns out the coach called the hotel and they notified me letting me know that he would be coming at 745AM no biggie, I just decided to hang out and watch TV. Once the coach arrived, I met his wife he took me over to the arena and showed me the team locker room, the office, etc etc. It was nice to be in the arena before anyone I stretched out and just warmed up on my own, had some shots on goal, basically got comfortable. So Sundays plan was too cut the majority of players and invite back about 5-9 players to training camp which is basically preseason on October 15th. We were told before practice, that today we were going to be allowed to play a lot more than yesterday and that they wanted to see if we had would it takes to play the fast paced game that is indoor soccer. From there we had some drills that we did for about 45 mins I'd guess then hopped into playing full side 5v5. The game of indoor is different it's a mixture of hockey, basketball, and obviously soccer. I'd explain it, but it takes too long and yeah I'm being a lazy blogger. Google MISL rules, there you can see what it's all about. So anyways I felt I performed pretty good, could've maybe directed the team a little better with my communication skills, but at times I got frustrated. Either way I kept playing at a high level and competing. Once training was done, he called out a couple names that were invited back. My name was not called. Right after though, Head Coach Lebaron asked to speak with me one on one. He said Sammie (assistant coach), and himself were really impressed with my abilities and wanted to offer me a 3 year rookie contract offer. I almost wanted to hug him on the spot just cause I felt like I've come such a long way from struggling on the field, off the field, and even with myself, and to get another opportunity just like the Jax Destroyers offered me, I felt humbled again. I immediately thanked God in my mind and was jumping for joy on the inside. I was just so happy. After that Mr. Hartman the owner of the arena and team, came and said hello to me, and basically welcomed me to the franchise and said you looked good out there, again I was just humbled. God blessed me with this talent and I want to give Him as much glory as possible regardless of what people tell me. From there the GM John took me to the office and spoke to me about the contract. For obvious reasons I won't be disclosing any details of my contract. But from there I told them to give me a week to discuss it with my parents, and have a final decision. They said it was fine, and from there I had to rush to catch my flight. Again being blessed by God with good people being put around me, John (GM) gave me a lift to the hotel, and airport such a great guy by the little I know him, well spoken man.

So now....I just landed in Atlanta I'm on a 1 hour layover from Wichita and flying from here to Miami. It's been almost a month since I been home (feels like more), and I'm not going back home to rest unfortunately instead I'm going back to take care of my fathers business as him and my mom have left to Colombia for a week, and my brother asked me to do him the favor so that he can travel to Puerto Rico. Of course I accepted to do this, I know he'd do the same for me. So I arrive in Miami in a few hours, and can't wait to see my brothers. While in town I'm lucky enough to be going to see the Barcelona vs Chivas game in Miami courtesy of my older brother! Thank you brotha! I feel jubilant right now, and could go on and on with all the people to thank, who have supported me, believed in me, and even those who doubted me, thank you all for pushing me! I'm boarding now my flight to Miami I'm blessed what a weekend. Give God the Glory. Will update you guys when I've made a decision on my contract!

God Bless

2 comments:

  1. nice one danny, i think things will take an upturn now, hope the same happens to me soon :) - nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you and keep the faith, hard work pays off!

    ReplyDelete