Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pre Season Support. Wings

My last post was October 14th. Since then we've had 25 training session and signed 6 new players to fill up our team roster. We also had a inter squad scrimmage which ended in a 17-16 final score, with a lot of good things coming from the game. The best? The fact that 3,000+ fans showed up for a scrimmage. It's the most amount of fans I've played in front of in my short career indoor/outdoor. And I gotta say this community has truly embraced the Wings coming back and I'm grateful and feel privileged to be apart of it.


As a rookie stepping into the MISL I think I've made a decent transition of being able to understand the rules, and the style of play, I've also been very lucky, excuse me, blessed to have teammates who are not only veterans but highly respected in the league. I've been able to learn tricks, tendencies, and certain players style of play thanks in big part to these guys and watching some game film. We also have a great coach who is leading our team, and has me feeling confident. One thing I love about this organization although they're in their expansion year there not coming out with a "lets build for the future" attitude. Instead they've come out to the contrary of what most new teams do & that is to win right away. I've read the blogs doubting us saying "teams will win easily against them" but we don't have to respond to those blogs, doubters, or haters, our performance on the field will speak for itself.

Personally I'm not sure what my role on the team is yet exactly but I plan on being a piece of the puzzle to winning this year. I'm busting my ass off, I'm taking no days off, and I'm hungry. November is two days away. In November we begin the season November 3rd to be exact at the Hartman Arena @ 7:00pm come out and see for yourself what were about.


On to a little about me, so far Wichita has been great, nice people, I've gotten recognized at the mall and stuff pretty cool. Tomorrow we got two a days still, and after our second session I got a radio interview. I've gone out to check out the city it's a nice city not too populated but it has a good young crowd, the food is pretty decent. We've hit up some hispanic places out here, if you got any recommendations let me know! I'm so excited to start playing already, the team to beat is Milwaukee and we play them twice in the first month of the season! We open up with a back to back against the Kansas City Comets which is our cross city rival. I'm thankful for this opportunity and got to make the most out of it. There are a lot of people I miss & wish I could be with. But honestly this is where I want to be and while everyone is doing their own thing. I'm out here doing me and chasing mine. I didn't hop on a plane and leave Miami to eat shi* out here, I came chasing a bigger picture, this is only the stepping stone. God bless everyone hope to see you locals there on Thursday!

For my Miami people, go to the team website to watch the games streamed online live! WWW.WichitaWingsIndoorSoccer.Com

Also check out Peter Espinosa's blog on the Wings, he put up a pretty cool post about me. Appreciate the support Peter!

Will update probably after out first back to back game. I'll leave y'all with this Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."


God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment