Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Hiatus?

Lol I'm sure there was plenty people who were disappointed by me not posting any posts over a month into the season, some of you did let me know that via email, text, etc. lol BUT IM BACK....I hope so at least.

The reason I momentarily stopped blogging was cause after a strong first showing in our first game as a team (and myself individually I feel) I ended up getting injured in the second game of the season getting a level 2 LCL sprain on my left knee. Anyways obviously I was extremely disappointed and didn't really know what to do...I mean i've never had a serious injury, serious being an injury that forces me to sit out, for more than two weeks, or something I can't play through physically. This injury did both of those things to me. I was scheduled to be out 4-6 weeks after getting an MRI check. The date of the injury was November 4th. I remember being in my room after getting the MRI results that night, and doing sprints, cuts, & jumping in the hallways of my hotel telling myself I'll work all day if it'll allow me to get back sooner. I told my trainer the next day what I did and that I wanted to train and he made me do certain movements and kick the ball lightly which showed me, I would have to sit out and do nothing pretty much, because the pain that I really felt kicking a ball, or doing a certain cut was pretty bad. So I went on and I did some exercises, was on meds, and was constantly icing it, and in a brace. But as far as it goes for physical work, I would not be allowed to. I felt like some diva, just sitting on the sideline not training while the rest of my teammates are working hard, I don't know it's just not like me to sit out and watch. I'm a guy who loves to play the game, whether it be a professional match, or pick up in the parking lot back home.

Anyways through this process I wouldn't say I handled it appropriately or was to positive throughout, I was more angry at the situation than anything. I'm also away from home, so that family physical support wasn't there anyway I settled on some temporary satisfactions which got me no where. Thankfully I realized it soon enough, and got back to my roots, prayer, speaking with my family and focusing on getting back. I watched all my teams games live, or online when on the road, which just is torture in a way. I mean you see your teammates playing and you just want to be out there to help them, even when we won 20-4 one game, I wanted to go out and help get a shutout. Nonetheless it has been a long process of recovery, with some setbacks, but more progress than anything thank God. I trained my first full session yesterday, and followed that up with another one earlier today. I'm clearly not 100% I don't have a ton of confidence on the ball, and my thought process is taking a little more time, as I'm getting used to the indoor game again. Thankfully I have greatly experienced teammates who are helping me get back on track right away.


Finally today I get to travel with the team on my first road game, and it won't be an easy one, in fact it'll be the hardest one. Facing the defending champions and currently 6-0 Milwaukee Wave we have lost to them twice so far by a total of 5 points in games that could've gone either way. This will be the third time we face them and I'm excited to make an impact on the game, and do my part in helping the team pull out our first road victory.

Our game is on Friday December 16th you can catch it live on MISLLiveSoccer.com I think coverage for the game starts @ 7PM central time.


God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment