Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wichita, KS

So I've been living here now for a little over 2 months now, and I gotta say I've pleasantly pleased with this city, besides the weather! It's only December and its in the 30s already the cold months over here are January and February though so, brrrrrrrrr....Anyways nightlife in comparison to Miami would obviously be a dumb thing, as far as the people and socializing and just having goes Wichita is alright. People here are kind, fun, outgoing, and actually pretty spontaneous. I've met a lot of cool people here so far who I still plan on maintaining a friendship with once I leave Wichita. I doooo gotta admit though, that the way they talk over here gets to me, not in their accents but more so in the I guess midwest slang you can call it. LOL I don't know what it is exactly, but I have noticed there are things that the midwest people just do, like say "really?" after anythingggg you say almost. I mean I laugh it now, cause I just always notice it. Don't take my stats and believe them, but for me I think about 70% of the women you'll meet in this town who are 19-26 are either married, or have kids. They just don't like to wait over here, and I'm guessing when the snow piles up there isn't much to do here....But honestly it's a cool town, I've enjoyed it so far and it's actually a lot bigger and more populated than what I had envisioned. Hopefully Wichita keeps being good to me as it has been besides from my injury of course, and I will get to enjoy my time here, make more friends, and create lasting memories. I'm done blogging for the day this is my third post!!! Enjoy look forward to blogging maybe after the Milwaukee game, for now gotta pack my bags and prepare for the trip.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment