Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Dallas Cup Group Stage Update

Well we've been in Dallas now since Saturday, relaxed ate crap had an overall good time, and the hotel were staying at is amazingggggg, like top of the line son. Whatever now to the point the group stage, we had our first game on Monday we played against a team from England, oh by the way the fields we play on are UNBELIVABLE like it's just insane the grass looks so fake it looks like turf. So anyway the games conditions were about 65degrees with a crazy 25 mph wind. The first half was pretty tough as the team touched and played really well, but we hung with them and missed some oppertunitys on net. First half 0-0. Second half was a different story as we completely dominated the game, and had the Englishmen running mad. The result....2-0 with a great goal from Osman, and Sanatmaria.

Ok just so you know after every game we did the same thing ate pasta, go to the hotel, ice bath, shower, rest, dinner, sleep.

Second match we play FC Barcelona from California no relation to the Barcelona of Europe, and their skills showed they had no relation to them haha....This game was at 0-0 at the end of the first half with no lie or exageration here we had missed about 7 open oppertunitys. Second half same story as the first game we picked it up and scored two goals by Nick U17 new kid, and Osman again, but along with those goals came another 7 or so missed oppertunitys again. Final score 2-0.

Last game a must win to advance or a tie, and then wait for the result of another game. We played a very tough and well known nationally ranked team Solar Fc from Texas. This team played really well, but they were playing for the tie obviously as that would get them into the quaterfinals....This game was truly more of a chess match and pick your spots. We couldn't really get anything going although we did maintain possesion we weren't able to come across a goal and the match ended 0-0... As of right now the result were waiting for is in our favor we need the game simply to not end in a tie and were in, with under 5 minutes left the game is 2-1 so right now it's in Gods hands. I'm actually awaiting the text from our team manager right now to see how the game ended. I'll post it at the end or whenever I get the news.

Anyways to some really extraordinary news i got today, God is truly blessing my life in so many ways. After the match i had the coach of Tigres the professional Mexican club come up to me and say, well actually ima cut it short cuz he talked alot lol. Ok he basically said listen, I saw you play the first two games of the group stage and told the director of Tigres to come watch you today, and he told me that he wants you on the team. He wants me to play on his U20 professional team right now, and play with them and live over there etc, he told me that they have two spots allowed for international players and he said i'm guaranteed a spot that I don't even need to tryout that all I need to is accept the offer, and he said that most likely with my talent after one year of playing in the U20s I can become a pro and jump up to the professional team that I'm sure by the flipping of the channels you've seen play on television. Now the dilemma here is if I accept this offer, I'm not allowed to play college soccer, as it's a rule that they have that if you've ever gotten paid to play soccer, you ineligible for college soccer, and in the U20s I'd be getting paid. So what if I accept and God forbid I get injured, we all know that there is no way in hell, I'm going to get a free tuition anywhere through my grades, my path to a free tuition is through soccer, and not being eligible to play no coach would want me. So i'm just going to finish up the tournament get back home talk it out with my parents, and make a decision, honestly right now I'm really thinking of accepting the offer, why? Well right now i can't get accepted anywhere in the country at division one soccer regardless of my talent because of my grades. So my non plan pro would be play at a junior college for a year, then transfer to one of the big schools that want me and play three years there graduate with my degree and hope I get drafted to the MLS. Or I can choose to go pro now, turn my back on school and try to make it in the Mexican league which pays better than the MLS by the way. So right now I have a lot of thinking to do and praying, and hopefully will be playing a quaterfinal on ......... WERE IN!!!! WOOHOOOO YES BABY GLORY BE TO GOD!!! WERE IN!!! Thank the Lord. End of post need to ice bath shower and prepare!!!! Thank you Lordddddddd!!

God Bless

1 comment:

  1. Yeah man!!! That's awesome! I don't understand how you might not have made the playoffs even though you went 3-0 in group play? And I think you should definitely turn pro at this point!

    ReplyDelete