Friday, April 10, 2009

Dallas Cup Quarterfinal Update

Well the day started with breakfast at 8:30am at mcds where I ate a cinnabon, with OJ. After the breakfast we had 30 minutes in the room to shower etc, followed by our team meeting. After the meeting we went on to the field as our game was at 11:00am. Well I've been playing with progressive injuries every game, but oh well I don't feel the pain as God plays through me therefore he relinquishes the pain away.

So then came kickoff, against North Texas Strikers. They were your typical American team strong, one fast black guy, and everyone tall
and solid. So we came out against the strong winds in the first half and played okay they never really had oppertunties neither did we just a lot of touching and physical play. Until with about 8 minutes left i read an attackers move took it away and ran with it on a counter attack, me and Nick combined 3 passes together until he laid it off to Osman who did it once again and scored! First half ended 1-0 in a nit tight game. Second half with the wind wasn't like all the other games in the tournament where we took over and dominated, it was actually exciting with both teams creating chances on net, but we held off and celebrated the victory with a few claps and hugs.

We went to the hotel rested showered ice bath etc and now were eating pasta and waiting for the result of the Solar and some team from Milwaukee quarter final as the winner plays us. Yep, we may play Solar again! Haha....well see what will happen either way God has my back along with the teams back and shall carry us to the championship, and I truly don't have any doubt in my mind that come Sunday well be holding the trophy proudly!!

I just wanna take the ending of this blog post to thank God for everything for it is
Him the reason that I'm playing so well and am receiving the offers that I am, I truly don't know yet what I'm going to end up doing but hey like all of you should leave your decisions in Gods hands, as His will, will not take you where Gods grace won't protect you. Amen? Take care everyone anddddddd.....

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment