Saturday, April 11, 2009

Dallas Cup Semi Final Update

Well today's game was rather early for whatever reason, anyways I woke up at 6:40 to pray, shower get into my game mode as always, everything went well. From there we headed out to breakfast at Mcds again, I repeated the same breakfast with my cinnamelt, along side an OJ. We arrived at the field rather early for players to get taped, and other treatment for other injuries. Once again I went to the trainer and ended up patching up my two red cherries on each side of my leg, from there progressed on to the field for a warm up and the beggining of the game, believe it or not we met up with no other than.......Solar!

So the game began pretty intensely as we had a new line up in as players legs were giving out after 4 games in 5 days and this being our 5th in 6 days. This tournament is really hard on yuor body physically. Anyways we were able to hold off Solar till I think maybe the 18-22nd minute where there star forward #22 a great player received the ball in open space on a bad cover up from our left back who was suppose to sweep off, and he was left one on one with the keeper and scored....we were down 1-0 early on. No pronblem though with about 8 minutes left in the first half a rebounded cross fell to the feet of Waldy Jimenez and he struck it to the back of the net, and we quickly regained our composure! The half ended 1-1.

The second half we had I think a bit more oppertunites then the other team but players just failed to support a man on a cross or be there to finish, Solar had there fair share of chances but weren't able to put any of them away. We headed into extra time 1-1, where the rules are two halves of 10 minutes must be played out no matter the score. At this point in the game both teams were physically drained. I couldn't no more but coach refused to take me out.

In extra time what was expected was neither team would have the legs to put in a goal, unless a clear mistake from the defense, and well it happened. Unfortunately to us. The ball was hit down the line and I opened up to receive a pass from Andrew Quintana he gave the pass inside though as the pressure he had covered the pass to me, so receiving the ball was Christian Ramos he got it saw me open, but I guess he figured the player would cut off the passing lane in time, and the foward kicked out his posession right on the tip of the 18 yard box, he then gave it inside to #22 who had his second goal in the match and the dagger to us. As we jsut weren't gonna be able to score... We were unsucessful on the chances given, and the game ended 2-1 Solar beating us out.

I must say it truly was a really exciting tournament and it looked to be ours but in big games like this yuo can't afford to make the mistakes that we did. Proudly though we were the only team from outside of Texas to make into the semi final, that was an accomplishment, and I know a few players have got some offers waiting for them after this tournament to go to some nice universitites, I wish you all the best of luck in your futures, as for me I'm very leaning towards heading pro with the Mexican U20s club Tigres. We'll see though what God has in store for me, and if this is my next big step in life, time will tell that most definitly. For now I just ask God to keep helping me day in and day out in my everyday decision making, and just hopefully I can glorify His name as much as possible through soccer. I'm truly exhausted I can barely walk. Cause when your playing 80-90 minutes at high level of soccer and you play 5 games in 6 days it's just completely draining, not to add the injuries I've sustained and played through, but oh well it's expected.

Now I'm going to go have lunch shower pray a bit and probably relax and sleep or something, then tomorrow I think around 6ish is my flight so I'll probably be arriving home at 10ish or so then off too school FML? Indeeeeeeeeeeed. Kidding I have nothing to complain about God has blessed my life in so many ways it's ridiculous, but hey I'm thankful and am jsut awaiting for the next shower of blessings to rain on me. My family is going home today there actually at the airport right now, hopefully they have a safe flight home, and will be there to pick me up tomorrow form the airport. Well I'll keep updating as my life changes thank you for reading take care amnd alwaysssss

God Bless

P.S. There must be a million errors in here I'm sorry I sometimes proofread, but im jsut drained. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. lol this is funny hold it down for the defenders... you should've added a nunkita at the end or something, but funny nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete