Sunday, May 24, 2009

So far this weekend!

I just spent like 30 minutes straight writing a long ass post, and it somehow got deleted with Rafas gay ass Macbook!!

The post was super long and there's no way in hell I'm in any mood to write, but considering there is nothing to do here I guess I might as well write for people who are as bored as I am and just read.

Well we were set for 3 games this weekend two weak teams then followed by the supposed best team in the country Albertson from NY. My team was travelling up here to Sarasota, FL on Thursday night since we played Friday at 3pm, and the drive is about 3 hours and 1/2. I couldn't travel with my team though since I had lame ass high final exams on Friday early in the morning. So what I did was take my exams, and rush out of my house by 11ish and attempt to make it to the game on time. I was travelling with my little brother who coincidentally has a tournament this weekend in Orlando which he's balling up in, also my girlfriend :) and my parents. We arrived tot he game about 20 minutes before gametime so I got in a rushed warm up, after sitting for 3 hours in the car, I know that it's no excuse by no means do I excuse it for how BAD I played! People somewhat asked me why I couldn't pass the ball right, why I couldn't head the ball, or defend as I regulary do. I searched for reasons why since I played so terrible and wanted to prevent the feeling I had, oh and just to add we lost 1-0 and I got a one game suspension red card. So after degrading myself with comments cursing, myself out and stating in so many different ways how bad I played. I came home opened up my email and read the daily scriptures that my mom sent me, and you have to love the way the Lord works I had some emails from a couple days ago that I didn't read, and it said the following.

When troubles come, it´s not natural to get excited about them. Most people don´t say, "Thank you, Lord, for this overwhelming challenge." You don´t go to the mailbox and joyfully exclaim, "Oh thank God–an unexpected bill!" But notice what happens when we remain joyful during the difficult times–it sets us on a course to maturity so that we can receive everything God has for us.

Remember that the key to growing is how you handle adversity. If you complain, you will remain. If you get negative and sour on life, you won´t pass the test. Promotion is available, but if you don´t count it all joy, you miss out. The good news is that God will give you another opportunity. He can still get you to where you need to be. When somebody offends you, you have to decide that you aren´t going to be upset. When things aren´t going your way, instead of complaining, thank the Lord for an opportunity to grow. Count it all joy so that you can be all God has called you to be!

After reading that I felt happy, and sad, it was a good mixed feeling lol. Ok I was happy cause well God just put me through adversity the US U20 National Team coach went go watch me and I played the worst game of my life, but if I would've handled it correctly I could've been set for promotion, and only God knows what that is. It's not to say I went crazy after my red card, but it's about the way i degraded myself, and just put myself down, when I should've picked myself up. Anyways after reading that I felt good and knew how to handle myself when things don't go quite my way in the future. But I still couldn't understand how I could've played thatttt bad, until I began to pray and God told me what it was I tried to explain it Rafa Centofanti, but he didn't understand maybe he's to slow, or maybe it was a bit confusing, let's see if you people reading this understand.

Well I told Rafa Centofanti bro you know why I played so bad, it's cause I played. He said what'd you mean? I told him you don't get it that when I ball up and play an awesome game it's not me playing it's God playing through me. You see I always pray before every game, and ask God to take over my body and play through me and in return I will give him all the glory. In other words I don't want the glory of everyone saying, oh my God your so sick, how did you do that, teach me blah blah blah, cause if someone were to ask me to teach them I'd tell them honestly work hard stay dedicated and pray. I wouldn't be where I'm at today if it wasn't for God none of us would. But people don't understand that two years ago I was on the B team, of my club cause I wasn't good enough, and all of the sudden I'm going pro?! How?! God!! I started to let him take over my life, and he has done so and in return I'm telling people about him, and to take me as evidence that he can change your life if you dedicate yourself to him. It really frustrates me to see how people will go out of their way to buy and smoke weed, but something that's free and so simple, and nothing bad comes from it only good people are scared of it or won't do it cause it's not "cool". Stop caring of how people perceive you already and start caring about your future! My dream has always been to buy my parents a house, hopefully if God grants me it, in a couple years I can be in Europe glorifying Gods name, and buying my parents a house. Well I've kind of rambled off about the weekend and turned this post into a testimonial post, oh well you don't like it don't read my blog!

Anyways Sunday was the game I had to serve my suspension for my red card. We played Lonestars from Texas. We continued our bad play from our previous game, and scrubbed it even more by allowing a goal in the first 45 seconds of the game. It sucks cause I felt so hopeless on the bench not being able too help me team out. Even more dissapointing with about 20 minutes left in the first half Rafa Faria, got a gay red card that probably wasn't even a red...Oh well what can you do? Thankfully with time running out in the first half David Santamaria scored a nice goal, and put the game at a deadlock of 1-1. The second half although we had 10 players, I think we played better and maintained possesion of the ball, and had a few oppertunities. Unfortunately with about 5 minutes left the Lonestars found there way to the back of the net one more time, and we ended up losing 2-1. It really sucks, especially considering that we are one of the most respected teams in the country, and our image looks awful this weekend. So tomorrow we definitly have to beat top ranked Albertson to regain that baller image we have...God be with us tomorrow.

So for the rest of today I'll be chilling, and hanging out with team have dinner, PRAY & WORSHIP, and have a good sleep and hopefully tear it up tomorrow!

By the way I remember saying way back in Decemeber that Santi Schmid and Chichan were gonna be the future for Miami Fc next year, and their both completley balling up right now. Shout out to Chichan who got invited to play with the "Dream Team" (a team made up of the best players across the country) against the US U17 National Team, and although I didn't go to the game I was told in the one half he played he tore it up and scored a grossssssssss goal, and gave a nasty assist. Props little man keep balling up congrats.

Well that's it for now i'll post again after we ball up, and win tomorrow. Till then.....

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment