Monday, July 20, 2009

And we call this "Sacrifice"

Well this past week as you know I've been training with the pros, since our U20s are gone for a tournament. To my and the other Americans dismay we were told that the pros need to begin preparing for a game this week, so we were to told to train on our own. So were going to train with Edu one of the trainers here, which you know by me is fine, just kind of dissapointing when you were told you were going to train with the pros. Sucks cause maybe it was a chance for me to get looked at, but hey it's in Gods hands so I'll just accept things as they come and let it be.

Anyways training this past week I felt I did really well, I even felt as if the coach took in interest in me, as he kept choosing me for the 11 v 11 but hey with time everything falls together. One thing I really noticed I needed was to gain more upper body strength I mean I fought hard with these guys and defended very well. But the air balls I couldn't win cause of the huge bodies I was going up against. It was kind of angering but I know I need to just hit the gym 3x as hard as other when we go. Which is why the last time we went I did extra and really pushed myself to the point that my ass muscles were sore. What sucks with working out is that results are long pressed and are not immediate. So you just have to keep believing and going and working hard till you finally do see results even if they don't come for a long time. Another thing I been trying to do is eat a lot more I try eating lunch as soon as it begins and then a little bit more right before the doors for lunch close.

The weekend was kind of boring unlike Miami where you can't wait for the weekends to go out and have a good time, over here weekends are so boring I mean this whole weekend was taken up by playing FIFA, and poker but even that gets boring you know? Oh well "sacrifice" is the name of the chapter that I'm currently living. Hopefully my next chapter in life will be "a step up" and will be along the lines of something like making it to the starters or pros. But for now only God knows what my future holds, and I only know that I must give my all to get where it is that I want to be, and that's in Europe if it's Gods will.....Well I'm off to an early lunch, then gonna pray, and shower kick it online for a bit then off to training to work work work.

God Bless everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment