Monday, July 13, 2009

English Class

This weekend was really meaningless, not much happened I just stayed in the room with the players from FGCU playing FIFA and hangin out. Tomorrow (Monday) I begin training with the professionals as the U20s leave for a tournament. So it will be good to start training a bit harder. I'm hoping to really showcase myself and who knows maybe hop on right to the pros team, but we'll see what God has in store for me.

Anyways today as I was in my room watching a movie on my labtop that gives me inspiration "Goal!" one of the guys who works in the office came in, and said come with me in portugese, so i agreed and followed him downstairs where he took me into the english class. Only to my surprise I found a british lady as the teacher who was born in Brasil, and the trainers here from Traffic. So class was already in session, but we drifted off into a conversation about me and where I'm from and my family, girlfriend, soccer, life back home, etc. I would speak in english the teacher would translate to them and vice versa, it was so much fun I had a great time talking and laughing we were all laughing. And then one of the trainers Edu told me he works specifically with my position and that tomorrow after I train with the pros he wants to train me indivdually, which i was suprised but much more thankful for. Then he followed up with that one weekend he'll take me back to his home city of Santos and watch a game and have a bar bee q at his house, and spend Sunday at the beach, and that I can stay in his home. I was flattered, and just thankful. So it looks as if I'm going probably in a couple weeks, but the class went so well everyone was laughing I even learned some portugese slang. I learned the word "marryfoot". Haha this word describes most of the girls in Brasil who just loveee lovee loveee loveeeee soccer players. So if you introduce as "Hi my name is Daniel" they look at you and turn the other way. Now if you introduce yourself as "Hi my name is Daniel I'm from the states I'm here on a contract playing soccer" well what happens is they pretty much fall in love with you. Now to clear things up I don't know this from experience, but I did see it happen with my friend and he hooked up with two girls on the spot. Pretty crazy. Anyways I've drifted off topic the trainers are there every monday for 2 hours, and they have invited me back to help, and just have a good time with them pretty much. I agreed to their proposal as I enjoy being there with them, and its a fun time, while I can give back some you know. It's nice.

So tomorrow begins training again, God take over my body, my mind, my legs! I love you mami. I love you papi. I love you Teko. I love you Mono. I love you familia Villegas. I love you too babe <3.


God Bless everybody, and don't hate just love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment