Monday, February 9, 2009

Recap of NYC (St.Johns Univ.)

Well I'm fuc*ing tiredddd, honestly im sick of planes, their annoying. Well anyways NYC was amazingggg, my first time being there, and it was awesome I mean when you walk downtown you look somewhere and it reminds you of a movie that was shot there. It's really beautiful the tall buildings, the trees, the city life, the diversity of people, and all ther taxisssssss! Again just like in movies! Well as you all know I missed my flight, but made up a crazy story to the coach saying I got pulled over, and the cop was being a dick made my girlfriend and I do a sobriety test and he took forever on purpose followed by bs etc. he believed it. So Jeff Matteo picked me up from the airport the assistant coach real nice guy super cool young cool guy, anyways we head to get some pizza as I'm starved and was told when in NYC get pizza it's the best! So we went to a place nearby school sat in ate some amazing pizza, while watching Portsmouth (i think) against Liverpool which ended up having 5 goals in the last 30minutes of play amazing game, it was so sick with Fernando Torres putting it away in the 92nd minute! After that we rolled by campus nice facilities nothing special just nice, but the stadium was damn special! Matteo told me they've gotten up to like 3,000-4,000 people at one game imagine that atmosphere! Well after that we headed to the house, oh yeah forgot to say if you come to St.Johns and your a soccer player you live off campus in a big ass house with like 6 teamates pretty sick. So I met the guys and chilled with Chris, Pablo, and Steven the other recruit from Miami FC. We hung out a bit played Fifa ate shit, then headed out to the city. We walk about 3 blocks and head into the subway. First time I'm one and wowwww, the size of the rats, no lie about 5 inches and they're really fat! It was discusting, but for an odd reason I was amazed lol. Whatever we hit the subway check out downtown go to the 5 points, Empire State Building, etc. Pretty much going sightseeing as much as we can before it gets really late. We also went to Time Square and it is literally daytime there, there are so manyyyy lights it's unreal super cool another one of those you won't get the full feeling of it by me telling you, oh and also we saw local kids breakdancing for money and they were illlllll' im tlaking so sick and they were anywhewre from 7 to like 18yrs old, that ended up being alot of fun. Well anyways after we wanted to go clubbing, but Steven the other recruit didn't have a 21+ ID so gay, so we were stuck. We went to the liquor store bought a bottle and headed back home. We get back and their is the biggest party of the year at the Lacrosse house. Butttttttttttttttt too bad, Chris has a really bad beef with them he got into a fight with one of the kids from the party house like 2 weeks ago. So we had to stay in we played drinking games got pretty drunk, played soccer, saw movies and shiie, and it wound up being one of the kids from the house plays PokerStars so I gave him $50 he sent em to me, I lost after playing for like 6 hours till like 5am! Lol whateverrr. Next day wake up at 11am go to a little breakfast place right by the subway 3 blacks from the house, and have breakfast. I ask what were gonna do? And they all looked at me like uhmm were going to the St.Johns basketball game (in a really calm voice). Im excited as hell as they play i think #8 ranked Louisville in MADISON SQUARE GARDEN! So sick, so we get there and I'm thinking eh we'll have you know avg level seats, instead we sit like 10th row behind the St.Johns scoring basket. Amazing seats, and The Garden's atmosphere was amazingg, can't explain it you have to go there. So the game is St.Johns by 2 at the end of the half and it's a real exciting game. Halftime, we head to talk to Coach Masur, and it was really akward I mean it was loud, unplanned, he didn't seem like he knew where he wanted the conversation to go. So it had alot of akward pauses till he says let me talk to each of you one on one. So I wait my turn, talk to him and just tell him I'm enjoying my visit. He says good we talk soccer a bit then about the offers I have and he says well I'll call you guys later to talk again. ?!?!?!? OK?!?? I ask him about the money and even before I finish he says were working out a 4 year scholarship plan for you, and I just agree, and let the conversation finish. The truth is I have till the end of Feb to decide as that's all the time University of Albany gave me.... So I gotta talk with him about that next time we do talk. So back to the game St.Johns can nottttttttt break the press and with 5 minutes left Lousiville takes over we lose by like 7. After we go to eat, and then go to the largest Macys which is something ridiculous like 18 stories. We see some other stores way too expensive, well I was being a nit with my money lol. Then it's like 7 by that time and we head back home it's Sunday so nobody was doing anything, so we just laughed and ate shit with the roomates played video games soccer all fun. Not the best of trips but str8. Got back in today at like 10am relaxing flight, missed school as it was too late to go, hung out with Meme <3 haaa love you boo. She's crazy wanting to get married with me ;) Lol well I been resting today but tomorrow I'm going to start runnning everyday at the gym, as I found out they have a 3 mile test that you need to run at 6 minute pace at St.Johns Univ. as even if I don't go there I want my fitness to be measured at the best so yeahh. The visit was chilling with old friends had a good time, but none compare to the partyin I did at WIU with my brothers best friend Jona Andrade haha sickk ass parties at The Castle, yeah NY is the big apple big city etc, but it's not top at partying. Top school from what I've heard and seen, issssssss.....WIU haha alright im out got night school and shiie. Peaceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment