Sunday, February 1, 2009

Recap of Albany, NY

Well, my first official college visit and wow, pretty gangsturrrrr! Lol well first things first, I arrived and was picked up by coach Johan and his assistant RJ Beavers a rather young guy but very cool. We went and decided to get some Fridays, and so the pampering began I didn't have to pay a dimeee, gotta love that. Well we all ate talked a bit got comfortable spoke about my 3 key points in choosing a university, and I was kind of anxiou to know where I stood with him and all but he told me to wait as the next day we would have a private conversation reviewing everything I wanted to know. So after we finished eating......SNOW began to fall wow first time ever seeing it and it was quite a spectacle I was amazed how snow would fall lol. From there we headed back to Johans office and we waited for my host, who wound being a Junior forward from Brazil but who had also lived in South FL prior to coming up to NY his name was Claudio this guy was a trip just a little guy filled with a tonnnn if excitement! So he took me to the dorms and introduced me to the players, we stumbled across the"European room" these guys were from Siberia, Serbia, Ireland, and Scottland! Wow those mother fuc**rs are insaneee, explain later why! So after that we proceeded to where I was stayeing the dorms are pretty small for 6 people bit it's not so bad with 3 rooms you got your own privacy. So after chilling for a bit we played FIFA talked crap chilled met more players we went to eat the buffet (I don't pay for shieee) lol where we ate alot, then after we went to the mall which was like only like two minutes away. But it took at least 10 minutes to leave the parking lot! Thisbguys car was covered in snow minus the headlights. It was crazy so it took about 5 minutes to knock down all the snow and another 5 minutes to peel out of that biatxhhh lol. The mall was straight consisted of good stores like Express, Pacsun, Hollister, Abercombie, Tillys etcccc. What definitly sucked was the service freaking white people sounded so burnt and fuc**n retarted it was mad annoying but whatever they had some raw ass Nike SB dunks, but they only has big foots siZe so after that we rode out and went back home. Where I met Sean one of the roomates from the soccer team, oh yeah if your on the soccer team you will most likely be roomed with fellow socer players. So anyways Sean is big and black no homo a light skinned brother that picks up the goes so to speak lol. This guys always knows what's poppin, so with him we'd be good. I also mrt Colin a cool ass kid fro NYC whos very humble and he actually recognized me from club soccer and a tournament we played him in JAcksonvile, Colin is a barber and i asked if he could gimme a tape, he said sure i was told it was 8 bucks so after he did a sweet job on my cut i said heres 10 he refused and said na man today has been a good day your visitong dont worry about it i said come on man im not paying for nothon up here take it he said thanks very ginuinly.Anyways we all got ready showered they let me borrow a jacket and some jeans Claudio is sucha a nice kid lol. We went to Micheals house downtown where we took a bus for free at we were there in under 10 minutes. So Micheals was packed like a mother fuc*er to full capacity lol and people were playing beer pong a lot of pretty girls but for you to really have fin at these things you gotta know them if not its kinda akward as it was for me so I pretty much hung out with Claudio who doesn't drink, oppose to Sea. Who drinks like it's water he's chugging down! So while talking and hangin out with Claudio I found out that this kid is engageddd! So I asked him the F was he out, where's your girlfriend, he responded she lives in Orlando by herself, I was like how do you guys make it work be told me love and that at first you fight bit they work things out and they don't go outalone the only reason he was out was because of me. I immiediatly felt like an asshole lol bit he said na it's cool I wanted to go out, I was relieved lol. So the night went on etc. and we got back home around 2-3am. Slept till about 9am the best day on a rreal comfortable bed. Woke up next morning superrrr early which sucked but whatever I met up with RJ and went to go hear a presentation about the school, then walked around ad showed me every area of the school, which was very nice and everything was no more than a 5 minute walk which is always good. But I was praying for this view I the campus to go inside as it was like20 degrees 25mph winds and snowing!!! I'm not used to that! Lol after that Claudio picked me up we had brunch, then he left me at Johans office where I was gonna have by one on one talk an he was pretty much gonna tell me why I should come to the Univ of Albany. He showed me everythig about the team how they worked together, their schedules and I was really really happy too see they worked the exact way that Miami Fc did in the means of preparation andthe really close bond that the team had. I was impressed to say the least. So he asked Danny what are the 3 most important things for you when deciding what school you gonna go too. I responded "the amount of money that I'll be receiving in my athletic scholarship to pay for everything, then is the soccer program has to be competitive and be willing to win. And lastly my major should be well known across the county". He said fair enough. He began to speak we spoke about alot of crap in between but I'll just go over mainly what he said regarding my 3 main points. The schools team is very competitive they beat the eventual America East champions Boston Univ. 3-0 in regular season play. But they lost on keeper mistake in the semi final round of the tournament, 1-0. but wounded up being a great year finishing 12-3-2 very impressive. Next he went into about my major and WOW it ends up being that this institutiton is number 2 in the world for criminal justice in other words as he said I'd be going to the HArvard of criminal justice. That really impressed me but I told him it all honestly means nothing if the money is not right, he then talked about my grades and how he was willing to bend over backwards and appeal decisions to get me accepted and he then showed me a paper which showed the costs for everything and it was as followed $22,118 per year which included food dorm tuition books everything. Then Average financial aide $8,100. Then the offer they were putting on the table for me, full ride for 4 years!! That's means I don't waste a cent I'm with a competitive team and was in the Harvard of my major. He said Danny what's missing I told him just in shock nothing eveything I'm asking for is being given but my parents and I won't feel comfortable signing without knowing what the other schools are going to offer. He said sounds perfectly fine, and I told him I'd probably have all by visits done by the end of Feburary and contact him with my decision. He said okay sounds good and that he loves the way the trip has gone and he hopes it all fits well. The rest of the trip is fun with they guys bonding don't really feel like writing about but oh yeah they have a sickkk indoor place called the bubble on campus we went out andnplayed for 3 hours straight just soccer I loved it and I saw the players talents were good a their record showed. Overall a very good sucessful fun trip bit I can't honestly wait to get him be with family girlfriend and friends kick back and watch the super bowl. I'm outttttt God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment